Looking to save some money while you're saving your money? Consider opening a checking account with a credit union instead of a traditional bank.
A new study from Bankrate found that credit unions are twice as likely as banks to offer new customers free checking accounts. In a survey of the nation's largest credit unions, Bankrate found that 38 of 50 (76 percent) offer checking accounts without service fees or transaction charges, compared to 37 percent of traditional banks.*
Our Checking Perks
No Monthly Service Fees, Great Convenience and Personal Service.
- Free Checking – No monthly service fee!
- No Minimum Balance
- Free VISA Debit Card same day!
- Free Online Banking
- Free Online Billpay1
- Early Pay
- Mobile Pay
- Mobile Deposit
- Free Checks Forever for age 62 or Older
- Share Draft Line of Credit2
- Courtesy Overdraft Protection Up to $750.003
- View Check Images Online
- Checking Account Balancing Support
- Audio Response Teller
- Mobile Banking – IPhone – Android Apps
- Free First Order of Checks
(1) Free with E-statement activation. With no E-Statement activation the monthly fee is $4.95 per account using Billpay.
(2) Immediately available with a Credit Score of 660 or above. Credit Approval Required.
(3) After checking account is opened for 60 days in good standing.
*Source: Millie Dent http://theweek.com/articles/611844/heres-cheaper-way-checking-account