🎓 2021-22 Member ScholarshipsNovember 20th, 2020
Streator Onized Credit Union is offering educational scholarships for the 2021/2022 school year. Five (5) scholarships will be awarded to recipients in the amount of $500.00 each and three (3) scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $250.00 each.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Student must be a member in good standing of Streator Onized Credit Union. This
means candidates must not have any delinquent loans, charge off accounts or negative balances. Note: The applicant must be or become a primary member of SOCU by April 1, 2021 to apply for the scholarship.
- Student must be enrolled, or will be enrolled as a full-time student, in an accredited
college, university, or trade school.
- Student must have a current minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Student must attend college during the school year listed on the scholarship application.
- Students who have previously received a Streator Onized Credit Union Scholarship may NOT reapply.
- Must be postmarked by April 1, 2021.
- Must be filled out completely.
- Must be typed or printed neatly in blue or black ink.
The Streator Onized Credit Union Scholarship Committee will review applications. A random drawing of eligible applicants will be held in April 2021 at the Scholarship Committee meeting.
Each award will be paid directly to the student. Awards will be given after the April 2021 random drawing. The student must present their school enrollment before payment can be made. Each scholarship will be payable no later than December 31, 2021.
Each scholarship recipient will receive a remembrance certificate. The recipient’s name and picture may be used for public relations purposes.
Failure to maintain your full-time status at school (including termination from school or dropping out of school) will result in the cancellation of the award and any remaining funds will be returned to the credit union.
SOCU Employees, Board of Directors, Supervisory Committee and Credit Committee, and their immediate family are not eligible for this scholarship.
Winners will be posted on our website/facebook page in May 2021