Why is SOCU Casual?
The SOCU Difference
You may have noticed that we here at SOCU are a little different than other banks or credit unions. We take all our business serious but sometimes we like to go casual!
Here's how it works...
- All SOCU employees are given the opportunity to dress casual any day of the week as long as they 'pay' for their casual day of dress.
- During the month each 'pay' is placed into a special account.
- All funds collected in that account for the month are donated to a charity or a local cause!
So when you see someone dressed casual at SOCU it means they donated to charity and they get to enjoy a comfortable day at work in casual attire.
Who We Have Supported
- Financial Education for the National Credit Union Foundation
- Streator Disc Golf Course
- Streator Child Development Center
- Think Pink 2012
- 4th of July Fund
- 31 Days of Giving
- Kids Korner
- Streator Walldogs
- United Way
If you are interested in learning about what charity, cause or event we are currently supporting with our casual days...just ask! SOCU employees will be happy to fill you in on the current charity we are supporting!
SOCU has won various awards including 1st Place in State of Illinois Dora Maxwell and CUNA Community Credit Union of the Year. Casual days are a large part of this success!